Admit it, any ITSM tool is costly. You must be careful in the selection process to prevent making costly mistakes. In this article at Service Desk Show, Steve Morgan shares 7 tips to choose the correct ITSM tool on the first go.
Tips to Select a Suitable ITSM Tool
Experienced companies too make mistakes in ITSM tool selections. If you are a first-timer, you are more prone to making a bad investment. So, how do you go about it? Following are the 7 tips to choose the correct ITSM tool on the first go:
- Scope Definition: Understand the scope you want the ITSM tool to fulfill for you. Know what you want it to do for you—log tickets, automate workflows, or reset passwords.
- Expectation Setting: Identify the features it has and plan your expectations accordingly. All tools do not have the same features.
- Requirements Definition: Discuss the requirements with your stakeholders. The list will include requirements on what the ITSM tool can do and how it should work within your company.
- Demonstrations: Select a set of tools and ask for demonstrations or trials. Ensure that the demonstration satisfies your requirements.
- Ranking Factors: Rank each service provider based on how close their ITSM tool is to your requirements. You will be able to understand how much you can expect from it.
- Bargaining It Right: Before throwing or accepting any quotes, take into account your growth plans, usage, and roles. The ITSM tool must serve you for 3 to 5 years.
- Tool Configuration: Ask your peers to recommend a service provider that would configure the ITSM tool as per the requirements. Instead of creating a duplicate of the old system, set up the new tool based on the updated requirements. You wanted to change the old ITSM tool for a reason.
To view the original article in full, visit the following link: https://www.servicedeskshow.com/industry-news/tips-on-choosing-the-right-itsm-toolset/