With companies competing to become digital disruptors in their respective industries, ITSM automation will be a reality soon. The benefits generated from this setup is manifold. In his blog article, Joe discusses the benefits of ITSM automation along with key implementation areas.
Reaping the Benefits of ITSM Automation
Not only will ITSM automation improve work processes but also the quality of service offerings. Following are the benefits that ITSM automation is expected to provide:
- Reduction in production cost: Decreased labor and rework costs will reduce the overall production cost for your company.
- Better operational processes: It will increase the speed of assignments, processes, and delivery.
- Improved customer experience: Issues will get resolved faster from 24×7 service facilities with zero errors.
- Enhanced quality of services: Notwithstanding the customer range of interests and expectations, ITSM automation will assuredly increase the speed and accuracy of services.
- Reduced errors leading unexpected lags in timeline delivery: As manual errors will have no room, ITSM automation can offer delivery without major glitches.
- Increased release efficiency: With DevOps tools, automation can take care of the releases for your company.
- Intelligent change management: With approved changes and set rules, it will be easier to modify required items without much interdepartmental cross-checking.
- Better business results: Producing good outcomes continuously will become the norm for your business.
- Increased revenue stream due to fewer downtimes: With reduced costs, ITSM automation can increase revenues further.
Areas of Implementation
Now that you understand that ITSM automation can provide the above-mentioned benefits. Following are some key areas where you can gain the maximum advantage:
- IT process automation
- Automation to support IoT devices
- Automation of workflow automation along with social IT
- Resolution of incidents
- Alerts and notifications
- IT change management across all departments
- Management of service requests
- SecOps or security-related automation
- Enterprise service management (ESM)
- Configuration management and infrastructure provisioning
To view the original article in full, visit the following link: https://www.joetheitguy.com/2019/06/19/the-top-10-benefits-of-itsm-automation-capabilities/